MRMA-APREA MALAYSIA REIT FORUM 2019
Opportunities in the New Malaysia
Malaysian REIT Managers Association
The Malaysian REIT Managers Association (MRMA) was established in May 2010, acting as a collective representation of the Malaysian real estate investment trusts (REITs). MRMA creates a platform for the Malaysian REIT industry to develop common standards and benchmarks against international best practices. The association is currently represented by 18 full members consisting of 18 listed REITs and 1 unlisted REIT and as well as 2 associate members.
The objectives of MRMA are:
- To establish an environment to attract high quality REITs in Malaysia.
- To establish a framework for the development of the REIT industry, to coordinate investment activities and promote networking possibilities within the region.
- Improve transparency and provide quality research and information to both local, regional and international investors.
- Develop common workable standards that meet with international best practices especially in the areas of financial reporting, disclosure and corporate governance.
- Represent members’ interests through lobbying with Malaysian Government and regulators for functional regulations, viable structures and tax
- harmonization in order to enhance MREIT’s competitiveness in the region and internationally.
- Encourage and promote the listed property funds industry.
- Provide insightful market research and data bases that can be practically utilized by members.
- Establish working committees that can formulate policies and coordinate the various activities.
- Introduce training and discussion forums to analyze applicable laws and legislation, trends and current issues, improve professionalism and knowledge within the real estate investment industry